Wednesday, March 7, 2007

More on authenticity

Is there something desperately wrong with me that I don't seem to understand why people act the way they do? Am I so strange because with me what you get is what you see. I've said it all before... I don't get why people wear masks and hide who they really are or how they really feel. And what can I say? If someone doesn't give me the opportunity to address an issue because they never tell me that there is one... then the blame certainly cannot be on me.

If you've got a concern, and issue, hurt feelings - whatever - come out and say it! The thing is... there is probably not a person on this planet that I wouldn't like. It doesn't matter what you do or don't do for a living, how you live, how you dress, whether you are married or single, black or white or red or yellow or even purple. Idealistic as I may be... I love people. It is what I am commanded to do by Christ. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect and neither is anyone else. I have my fair share of issues just as there are things others may do that I don't agree with - and I may not follow that person into the mud pit - but I'll hang out with them and love on them... and it would be genuine.

Whatever anyone may think of me... one thing I certainly am not is judgemental. I could never be the one to throw the first stone - or any stone at all for that matter. I've been in the pit - and I still find myself hovering over it at times... but I'm determined that I am going to live free of that bondage - and in Christ's power I know that I can. Whatever small and fleeting pleasure there may be in what I'm looking at as I hover over the pit... I know it's nothing in comparison to the internal joy and freedom I have in Christ... and the sheer happiness I have as I think of the grace and love of my Lord... for ME.

At any rate, I'll point you back to my blog on authenticity - one that evidently needs to be revisited in my life at this point. I am who I am and I will not put on a show for anyone. So you can be garanteed that if I tell you something I mean it. If I say I like you I do. If I am nice... it's because I'm nice. You get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment