Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bless those who speak against me, Lord.

I want to feel hurt and I want justice when someone says things against me. Human nature as it is (and women as they are) this is usually behind your back - and often hard to get to the root of. It's especially tough for someone who has keen perception - like me - or maybe the Lord has given me the ability to percieve certain things for my own protection. In any case, there is little you can do about it other than give it over to the Lord. I'm learning that lesson more and more as I live and breath (and work).

Have you ever almost just felt sorry for the people who act one way to your face and another behind your back? I **almost** feel that way... it's hard. I'm asking the Lord to change my heart and make it sympathetic rather than revengeful. The best way to accomplish that is by praying blessings upon them. Am I then being just as phony as the person who backstabs? I don't think so. The Bible clearly states that in our heart is foolishness (evil) and that our hearts will decieve us... we can't be lead by our hearts and how we **feel** about something... we have to lead our hearts. We can do that by praying and obeying.

Lord help me to continue this path - because right now I'd much rather give someone a piece of my mind than pray for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment