Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm not sure why I bother...

... trying to be friendly with people who are known gossips and backbiters. I keep telling myself to just keep my mouth shut and don't engage in personal conversations with these people... but I can't help myself! I'm just the kind of person that is friendly and wants to converse. I could slap myself for constantly walking right into this void because I know how much it confuses and hurts me to find out people are taking a conversation among "friends" and using it to demonstrate thier own insecurity by blabbing (and often misrepresenting fact) to people who were NOT involved in the conversation.

From now on when someone that is not family or a close personal friend asks me about my personal life, my pregnancy, my family, or anything unrelated to the business at hand I'm determined to politely change the subject...

No comments:

Post a Comment