Sunday, May 6, 2007

He's the best

I just got back from an incredible birthday weekend in Atlanta. My wonderful future husband took me to the Martina McBride concert at the Gwinnett Center Arena... which was FABULOUS, but not nearly the highlight of my weekend. The best part was spending time with the love of my life... and somehow falling deeper in love with him than I was before. For the record, I didn't think it was possible to love him any more than I already did.

Although I drug him all over Hotlanta and introduced him to countless people from my distant youth... he kept a smile and followed wherever I lead him. It's amazing how the small things really count... he impressed my Father with his thoughtfulness and caring... and most of all with the way he treats not just his daughter but also his grandbaby. I can't tell you what a blessing it is to have this man in my life.

We are a good team... and I've said that many times - but we came back this evening even stronger as a couple... more united, more in tune, more focused... and more in love. Growth... that is what it is all about. If you aren't moving forward you are moving back... and if you aren't growing together you are growing apart. But with that in mind I still can't fathom how I will ever top the way I feel about him now.

I thank my Heavenly Father for my JD! He's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment