Wednesday, February 20, 2008


So I went into nesting over drive last night. I get home with KK after her doctors appoint and Cameron comes to pick her up... no 2 year old to wrangle and I'm thinking "Hmmm, what can I get into???" I COULD just sit down and relax... but OMG there are so many things to be done before this baby comes. And so it begins.

I started in the kitchen unloading the dishwasher, reloading, washing pots and pans, scrubbed the sink and a cast iron trivet that was rusted, etc etc. I ran some water to mop the floor but then decided I should do the bathroom first. I make my way in there and I'm just disgusted at the site of my dingy old tub. Out comes the Clorox Cleanup... and I begin the task of scrubbing the tub and the tile surround. I hear a quick horn beep like the alert sound when you lock your doors with the remote and I panick while thinking to myself... My husband is home and if he finds me like this he is going to kill me!!! I decide to hop out and let the Clorox clean up sit and do its job.... but I know that no amount of scrubbing or soaking is going to get it back completely white... let's face it, it's the original cast iron tub that was put in this house when it was built in the 40's. UGH! I'm resigned to it simply because I can't refinish the darn thing myself without a trip to Lowes and a couple of days without a shower. I move on to mopping the floor.

In the middle of all this somewhere I managed to wash a few loads of clothes. I then decided I wanted to put together a shelf I bought to go over the sink. I get out the power drill and peice it together while sitiing at my kitchen table... which no longer has clothes sitting all over it (between my fantabulous husband and I we have been tackling that this week!) I certainly don't feel like sweeoping... I HATE sweeping and lets face it, there is NO way I could get down there to sweep up the inevitable pile of dirt and trash once I'm finished - I decide to let my husband vaccum the kitchen when he gets home... yeah, vaccuming is his thing and I'm totally happy for it because I can't really stand that chore either. And we just got a new snazzy and super filtered Tri-Star vaccum... I say "Go for it hubby!"

KK gets home and I'm wiping down counters but I can tell I'm slowing down... my back begins to ache. My husband makes it home from school about 8:15 and I didn't get the scolding I expected... but he did insist on running me a hot bath to soak. So, he rinsed the tub and ran the water and while I was soaking away he finished up what I hadn't gotten to. The alst thing I did before crawling into bed last night was mop the kitchen floor.

Sadly, when I got up this morning I couldn't help myself and I had to put all the little bathtub shelving back up and put things back in thier place. I just couldn't leave it there sitting on the back of my toilet and scattered around the sink. BUT, the house looks great and I feel so much more prepared to bring a child into this world. Let's hope we can keep things straight for the next couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment