Thursday, February 21, 2008

Take your own advice

Have you ever given someone advice and as you are giving it you get smacked in the face with it? Sometime we need to take our own advice. Thank you Lord for helping me to see that beam in my eye while trying to help someone else get a speck out of thiers!

Here's the advice - take it for what its worth in any given situation you may have going on. I hope the Lord speaks to you in it.

When you get to the other side – whatever the outcome may be – you will certainly be able to see God's hand in everything and know that all along he was guiding you, controlling everything, protecting you, and doing what was best for His child. That doesn't help much now but just know that no matter the outcome you will have reassurance and comfort knowing its best and it is God's timing – because let me tell you, if we had control over timing of everything we would screw so much up! But I know you know that. :-)

Just make sure you are reaching out in the right place – because God and your faith are right where you left them… sometimes its doors that we choose to go through and close behind us that close us off to our faith and our connection to God. I've been there. Traps that we tend to fall into and have back track to get out of. My trap is commitment and time… I get so far away from Him before I even know it because I stay so busy. Before I know it He's 3 days away through several doors of frustration from work and hurt from other individuals. If I had stuck with Him I would have been able to get through those things the right way instead of taking the grim path… know what I mean? I'm not saying any of that applies to you – that is just my experience as an example. All I'm saying is God is in all this somewhere… but it's a daily thing to keep Him with you... you have to be purposeful about it because He can't go anywhere you won't take Him. He can't handle anything you won't hand over to Him.

Blessings,

Mrs JD

No comments:

Post a Comment