Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ten good years!

It won’t be long and I will be celebrating 10 years since I graduated from highschool. It’s amazing to think how far life has come since my highschool days. It’s amazing how nothing turned out like I pictured it, yet, I wouldn’t change a thing. I absolutely love the fact that I have been able to reconnect with a lot of my friends and acquaintances from those days through sites like MySpace and Facebook… I am unashamedly a member of both. :-)

I hadn’t really thought about my 10 year reunion coming up when hubby and I decided to jump on the “Let’s get healthy” bandwagon. What I had thought about was how inspiring it was to watch lives and bodies transform last season on Biggest Loser. I’ve watched before but I don’t know why… for some reason this last season hit home for me. Maybe it was the young newly wed couple that reminded me of JD and I (although I WAS NOT a big fan of Heba), maybe it was the couple with young kids who were also over weight (I NEVER want my children to go through what I have), maybe it was just that I connected with other very heart warming and inspirations cast members. Whatever it was doesn’t matter – in the here and now I’ve been working hard to eat right and take good care of myself; which can be daunting, in the least, if not downright seeming impossible. I’m feeling around for ways of cooking and eating healthy with both time and monetary budgets in mind. So far I think we have done splendid! Well… unless you ask about exercise. We still haven’t figured out how to work that in and still get a minimum of 5.5 to 6 hours of sleep at night.

I have another doctors appointment coming up soon and I hope this time the results will show the doc that my meds need to be increased… or at least that she will listen to me and treat my symptoms rather than a lab result. My hair is still falling out like crazy and while my mind functions much better than it did before starting the levothyroxine I still have good days and bad days. My skins still stays thick and dry and my nails are weak and brittle no matter what lotion I use or how much water and vitamin E and any other “good for the skin” supplements I take. I still have days where I feel like I can’t do anything, but there is so much I want and need to get accomplished. Sometimes the simplest tasks seem like way too much trouble… and if you know me, you would know that isn’t like me.

As for everything else, I’m just trying to keep up. I suppose one of these days I‘ll get around to all the things I want to do. One of which is going back to school for my masters. All in good time. Until then, I’m going to toast to the 10 good years since stepping out into the real world.

Blessings,

Mrs JD

No comments:

Post a Comment